Rics building survey
A good option if you’re buying a property that's over 50 years old or in a poor condition. Also worthwhile if you’re planning to do significant work or have major concerns about a property. Usually only undertaken on houses, not flats.
What does it include?
- The most thorough survey you can get
- Provides a comprehensive analysis of the structure and condition of the property
- Lists defects and advises on repairs and maintenance
- The surveyor will be ‘hands on’ and will do things such as check the attic and look under floorboards
- You can ask for the report to include projected costs and timings for any repair work
- Depending on the size of the property it may take a day to complete