Rics HomeBuyer's report
The most popular type of survey, and the standard choice for most properties that are in a reasonable condition. If you’re buying an unusual or period property, or one that requires significant renovation, it’s best to upgrade to a building survey.
What does it include?
- More detailed than a condition report
- Highlights problems, such as damp and subsidence
- Includes advice on necessary repairs and ongoing maintenance
- Points out anything that doesn’t meet current building regulations
- Non-intrusive - the surveyor will not look behind furniture or under floorboards, so they’ll only be able to identify ‘surface-level’ problems
- Includes a market valuation and rebuild cost
- Takes around two to four hours to complete
For a more detailed description of the RICS HomeBuyers report please download the pdf below: